Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Pursuit of Unhappyness


There's a cartoon on PBS called 'Word Girl.'  Word Girl has super powers and a sidekick monkey, but her real power is her extensive vocabulary (she hails from the planet Lexicon, after all.). An educational show, every episode teaches the kiddos a new word or two.  And at the end of every show they ask a few kids what their favorite word is and why.  So, at the end of tonight's episode we asked our 4-year-old for his favorite word.

At first, he just made up some silly gibberish words.  After we pressed him for a real word, he thought for a minute and came up with this pearl: "My favorite word is unhappy."

"My favorite word is unhappy because I like to be angry every day.  Then, I can go like this all the time," and he turned his little face into a scowl and made a ferocious growling noise.

Yep.  One of those moments where Julie and I just look at each other and laugh.  Love that kid!

1 comment: