Saturday, March 24, 2012

Product Review: Doritos Dinamita Chile Limon



I must've accidentally wandered into the "ethnic" section of the grocery store.  This bag caught my eye, so I decided to give it a whirl.  This is how the experience went:

     1.  First chip - "Hey, they brought back Rollitos.  Awesome!"

     2.  Second chip - "Nice flavor!  I can really taste the citrus under the chile flavor."

     3.  Third chip - "OH  [poop]!!!!  THESE ARE SO HOT!!!!  I'M GOING TO DIE!!!  GIVE ME A GLASS OF MILK OR I'LL KILL YOU WHERE YOU STAND!!!!"

Seriously, if you've read my previous posts, you know I like spicy.  But this was ridiculously hot.  Absurdly hot.  I wound up dipping them in a container of sour cream to cool them off a bit.  That made them tolerable enough to finish the bag.

Besides exceeding my pain threshold, the only other big complaint I had was the food coloring.  The brick colored chile powder was so thick and red, my fingernails were stained for over a week afterward.  And it ruined the sour cream too.
(not my actual fingers)

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 ghosts.

1 comment:

  1. (Those aren't your fingers?)
    I'm relieved to have the Devil's chips out of the house.

    ReplyDelete