Saturday, March 17, 2012

Product Review: Doritos Locos Taco





For anybody who may not know, the Doritos Locos Taco is a Taco Bell taco with a shell made out of Nacho Cheese Doritos. Oh yes.

As soon as I heard that such a thing existed, I found myself thinking about it all the time, in sort of an unnatural way.  At odd times throughout the day, I would imagine how it would taste.  The nacho cheese shell. The moist beef.

Finally, finally I got try one last night.  And it was good.  So good.  It tasted exactly the way I had been imagining it.

If I have one complaint, it's that the Doritios shells are on the brittle side. I broke the first one I tried into five or six pieces effortlessly.  Fortunately, they are served in little cardboard sleeves.  I had taken the first one out of the sleeve, so for the next two I utilized them to help maintain the integrity of the shell.  That pretty much solved the problem.

Rating:  5 out of 5 ghosts.

P.S. - If anyone from Taco Bell corporate happens to read this, I DEMAND Cool Ranch Doritos tacos!!!  Not a request.

1 comment: