Monday, July 2, 2012

Product Review: Herr's Classic American Hot Dog Chips

I have not blogged for a few weeks.  We started watching the show "Lost," and discovered it is called "Lost" because I lost all my free time, and I lost all motivation to do things other than watch "Lost."  I actually have a long history of watching shows and movies long after they are culturally relevant.  The next thing I'm going to see is some movie about a boat.  I think it's called something like "Ty-tanick?"  I have no idea how it's going to end, so please... no spoilers!

The good folks at Herr's have done it again!  Just in time for the 4th of July comes Classic American Hot Dog potato chips.  I can feel the tension in the air, so I'll cut right to the chase: Do they really taste like hot dogs?

Yes.  Yes they do.  I don't know how they did it, but there is a smokey, meaty-garlic taste, like a hot dog, followed by the flavors of ketchup and mustard on the finish.

Ok, so they do taste like hot dogs.  But, having said that, do they actually taste good?

Again, yes.  Yes they do.  I really like them.  And apparently I'm not alone in this.  I have a friend who is quite a well-known hot dog enthusiast, so I went back to the store to buy him a bag for his birthday.  To my chagrin, they had completely sold out in a matter of a few days.  Doh!  I have not seen them since, either.

Bottom line: I really liked the flavor.  If you come across them, I recommend you pounce on that bag like a ravening wolf.  A wolf draped in an American flag.  These colors don't run baby!  Aw-roooooooh! U.S.A.!  U.S.A.!  U.S.A.!

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 ghosts.

2 comments:

  1. ... don't want none unless you got buns, hun!

    (Actually, I did rather like these too. A toasted bun finish would have been perfection though!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family loves them. We coldnt find them where we were but went to another city just walking around walmart. I see a box of these chips my mother is on the phone i get her attention and we all grab a couple bags for the cart. I felt so lucky to have found them again.

    ReplyDelete