Friday, July 6, 2012

Be Careful What You Wish For.


"I Wish I Could" by Dean Walley was one of my favorite books when I was a little boy.  The story is about the different wishes the narrator, a young boy, would like to come true: to be able to fly, or to be a friendly giant, to be able to turn invisible, etc.  Fortunately, my parents kept this book so I could read it to my own kids someday. Which I do.

So, the other night when I finished reading it to my 4-year-old, Juju, I asked him what his wish would be.

He replied, "I wish I had a blowhole on my back that sprayed water.  I would spray water all over everybody.  Then, the water would make a giant splash park, and everybody could play!"

Gross, but still kind of sweet.  I guess it's the thought that counts, right?  Right?

1 comment: