Thursday, May 17, 2012

Product Review: Ruffles Ultimate Kickin' Jalapeno Ranch





These chips have deeper ridges than normal Ruffles.  I guess that's what makes them "ultimate?"  It forced me to only eat them only one at a time, which makes the bag last longer.  Which is a good feature in my opinion.

The main flavor that hits my tongue is actually just potato, which is disappointing.  After that, they taste a lot like sour cream and onion chips.  Finally, near the end is a little bit of the jalapeno heat, but very subtle.  Too subtle for me, actually.

Disappointing is the word of the day.  I guess I saw the words "ultimate," "kickin'," and "jalapeno," and expected to be blown away by the awesomeness.  Come on, there's a picture on the bag of the chip breaking through steel plating!  Steel plating people!

I wanted to fall in love with these chips, but... alas!  My wife likes them, though.  She says they have a "grassy" smell she likes.  She doesn't do spicy, and these aren't too hot for her.  I probably won't buy them again, unless she really wants them.

Rating:  2.5 out of 5 ghosts.

1 comment:

  1. The bag art is definitely misleading. I should lay off chips in general, so I guess it's curtains for the Ultimate Kickin' Jalapeno Ranch chippos.

    ReplyDelete