Saturday, February 16, 2013

Product Review: Lay's Chicken & Waffles




The three finalists of the Lay's Do Us A Flavor contest were announced recently.  As a chip connoisseur, I of course want to sample each of the three flavors.

The first flavor I am starting with is Chicken & Waffles. 

This is one of those times when I have to put my personal feelings aside and try to be professional.  What am I talking about?  I'm talking about how one of my Lay's Do Us A Flavor suggestions was Sriracha.  But is my name on the bag?  No, it is not.  Do I get a shot at the million?  No, I do not.  Is this a giant conspiracy on par with JFK and fake moon landing?  Time will tell, my friends.  Time. Will. Tell.  They are wise to fear the French Ghost.

On first bite they have a mostly bbq flavor (the chicken, I guess), followed by a sweet maple taste on the finish (the waffle's syrup?)

I am dissapointed.  They actually tasted like burnt waffles.  I don't know if that was on purpose, or if the chips themselves were actually burnt.

Again, let me stress this is not retaliatory.  This flavor just isn't doing it for me.  Stay tuned for more reviews!

Rating: 2 out of 5 ghosts.

1 comment: